- 5 minutes
- Cooking time
- 20-25 minutes
- 4 level scoops
- 1 cup
a2 Milk™ full cream
- 1 tbsp
- 1⁄4 cup
- 1 tsp
- Whisk the a2 Platinum® Premium toddler milk drink and water until a little fluffy, combine with the a2 Milk™ full cream and transfer to a small saucepan.
- Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until hot (do not allow to boil). Remove saucepan from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks, cornflour, sugar and vanilla extract (if using) in a heatproof bowl until well combined. Pour hot milk mixture over egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return mixture to saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 15–20 minutes or until custard thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon (do not allow the custard to boil, as it might curdle).
- Custard can be served warm or cold and is terrific on its own, but kiddies also seem to like it over stewed fruit, pancakes or crumbles.