- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- Makes 16
- 1 cup (150g)
Self-raising flour (wholemeal flour also works well)
- 1/2 tsp
Bicarbonate of soda
- 3 level scoops
- 1 tsp
- Sift self-raising flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk a2 Platinum® toddler milk drink powder and water until combined, then whisk in the egg, golden syrup and lemon zest.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour and combine until all lumps are smoothed out.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat, with a little extra virgin olive oil to prevent pikelets sticking while cooking.
- Drop a level tablespoonful of mixture for each pikelet into the frypan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface (approximately 2 minutes).
- Using a spatula, carefully turn over and cook the other side of the pikelet until golden (approximately 1–2 minutes).
- Transfer cooked pikelets to a plate and repeat with the remaining mixture.